Variable "current" in Linux kernel...

Siva Prasad sprasad at bivio.net
Tue Apr 17 07:56:17 EST 2007

Hi,

I would like to know where exactly the value of variable "current" gets
changed.

Background:

I am trying to get Linux running on 32-bit PowerPC. However, I want to
get that running from address 1GB (0x40000000) as the starting memory,
and not the regular 0x00000000. When I am making this change, I found
that the value of "current" is getting messed up some where. I tried to
search unsuccessfully where it gets set. Appreciate any help.

BTW... did any one tried before to run from a different location of
memory than the usual 0x00000000? What are the main problems you faced?
I know this is open ended question, but wanted to see if any one ever
did that.

Thanks

Siva