Still trying to get a stable 2.6.20.4 running on 8349ITX eval board

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Thu Apr 12 08:56:18 EST 2007

Michael,

linuxppc-embedded-bounces+brucle=selinc.com at ozlabs.org wrote on 04/11/2007
01:59:11 PM:

> >2) I assume someone (Kumar?) has gotten some combination of
> >kernel/FS to
> >boot and run on this box.  What combination is that?
>
> I am thinking that these issues are closely coupled to root NFS.  I know
> this isn't good news, but I think the combo is running the root
> filesystem on the hard drive or ramdisk.
>    Good luck,
>       Michael

For the heck of it, we tried formatting the hard drive, put ubuntu/dapper
on a ext3 partition, and used that as the root FS.  Same results.  We
booted with init=/bin/sh but when we run debootstrap --second-stage it got
just a few seconds into it and locked up in a program exception.

Thanks for the input though.  I'll keep poking and let you know what I
figure out.  I keep hoping some guru out there will go "ahhhh......"
'cause I ain't no guru!  :)

Bruce

This e-mail may contain SEL confidential information.  The opinions
expressed are not necessarily those of SEL.  Any unauthorized disclosure,
distribution or other use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender, permanently delete it, and destroy any
printout.

Thank you.