Still trying to get a stable 2.6.20.4 running on 8349ITX eval board

Benedict, Michael MBenedict at twacs.com
Thu Apr 12 06:59:11 EST 2007

>I've tried passing "init=/bin/sh" on the command line and I
>can reach a sh
>prompt, but it doesn't take long before it locks up.  I can do
>a "find .
>-name '*gcc*'" about four times before it stops.

I, too, am still experiencing this issue.   If it helps debugging, it is
only VFS accesses that seem to be locked.  I was able to run a
network-based IO app fine for almost a day (I rebooted the machine
then), even though the root filesystem "stops".

>2) I assume someone (Kumar?) has gotten some combination of
>kernel/FS to
>boot and run on this box.  What combination is that?

I am thinking that these issues are closely coupled to root NFS.  I know
this isn't good news, but I think the combo is running the root
filesystem on the hard drive or ramdisk.
	Good luck,
		Michael