booting 2.6 kernel on ML403

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Fri Oct 6 18:50:45 EST 2006

Ming Liu wrote:
> Hello Ameet,
> I am using that driver very well now. There is only one problem. It
> seems that the driver for TEMAC only support Gigabit Enet, not
> 10/100/1000M adapted. But because I want to use the Gigabit enet, I
> don't care that. So it's OK, at lease for 1Gbit/s.
It is fairly easy to mangle the TEMAC driver for any fixed rate you
want. I added a spd value to the device data, set it to whatever I want
in the initcode, and
changed the SetSpeed () call to use the device data value instead of a
constant.
That was a 2 min kludge. At some point it needs real autonegotiation -
which should not be too hard.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein