Some questions about the Xilinx Temac driver.

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 01:33:37 EST 2006

Dear Andrei,
I have some questions about your xilinx Temac driver. If possible, please
give me a hand on such confusing problems.

1. I am using the driver from
http://source.mvista.com/~ank/paulus-powerpc/20060309/, and the IP cores of
plb_temac and hard_temac whose hardware versions are 2.00a and 1.00a
specifically. I know the newest versions of those hardwares are 3.00a and
3.00a. Is your driver support the 3.00a version hardware? Also, is the
driver from http://source.mvista.com/~ank/paulus-powerpc/20060309/ the
latest one for Xilinx Temac? If you have some updated version, please tell
me the address.

2. Is that driver from the above address able to support SGDMA? In fact, I
am testing the throughput of the Temac enet by my own little program which
is very simple. In the program running on the board, the pseudo code looks
just like this:
     for(;;){
           select();
           if(FD_ISSET()){
                 recvfrom();
           }

           sendto();
     }

The program is just to receive packets from a pc and then transfer them
back. But in this condition, the embedded PowerPC CPU is easily used by
100&. So I suspect that maybe the DMA is not running properly. Could you
please say something about the DMA in your driver?

Thanks a lot for your telling.

Regards
Ming