xilinx xup + 2.6.19-rc6 uartlite

Silken Tiger st at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Nov 29 20:54:14 EST 2006

Hi

I was trying to get linux with the uartlite patches on a Xilinx XUP board
running. Unfortunatly i get no output on the serial line. I have a other 2.6.
Kernel running with serial output on this board.

I have not given the uartlite the address of the uartlite address in my
design, so i suppose it can not work. So how do i give the uartlite driver an
idea where to find its Hardware? I think it could be done via kernel cmd line
parameters?

.config settings:
CONFIG_UART0_TTYS0=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_UARTLITE=y
# CONFIG_SERIAL_8250 is not set
CONFIG_SERIAL_UARTLITE_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_CORE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_CORE_CONSOLE=y

Thanks
ST

PS: please cc me as i am currently not subscribed to the list.