regarding kgdb in ppc

Anumolu Sudheer urwithsudheer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 15:33:11 EST 2006

Hi All,
As i was not able to do  kgdb with  ppc as target, i decided to try first
with two x86 PCs. On the target system  after uncompressing the kernel i
could not see any statement like  "Waiting for connection from remote gdb".
I think this is to be done by gdbserver on the target.
I compiled the gdbserver but don't know how to use it here along with the
target kernel. Can anyone give some tips how to do it or if am missing
something .
I followed the docs - kgdb_docu_full-2.4.pdf and kgdbquickstart-2.4.pdf
Host:  x86,  RHEL-2.6.9-34.EL
Target Linux- 2.6.15.5 <http://2.6.16.2/>
The kgdb version : linux-2.6.15.5-kgdb-2.4

Please let me know if any other details required.

Thanks
Sudheer