question about linux with Xilinx ML-403

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Wed May 24 19:46:29 EST 2006

Dear Rick,
First, thanks a lot for your information. However I still have something to
ask.

>Our best recommendation is to use the drivers/net/xilinx_enet directory
>for the temac driver and just enable the Xilinx 10/100 Ethernet in
>menuconfig.

I am not so clear with this. Do you mean that I just copy the source code
in the directory of xilinx_gige generated by EDK into the directory of
xilinx_enet in linux2.4.20, and then enable the Xilinx 10/100 ethernet in
the menuconfig? Can this method realize the 1000M ethernet? The source code
file names for Temac (xtemac_xxx.c or .h) are different with the ones for
emac (xemac_xxx.c or .h). Can the xtemac files be recognized by the linux
kernel?

BR
Ming