question about Linux 2.6 with Xilinx ML-403

yding yding at lnxw.com
Tue May 2 09:15:53 EST 2006

HI, Grant,

It looks like that the patch for ML-403 in Linux 2.6.17 kernel(I
downloaded from Linus git tree) does not have the directory :
./arch/ppc/platform/4xx/xilinx_ocp like the one in the 2.4.30 kernel.

And also, I saw this thread: "Migrate Xilinx Vertex support from the OCP
bus to the platfom bus"

    http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=3933

Does it mean all of onchip peripherals for Virtex-4 FX must reside on
the PLB bus instead of OPB (OCB) bus ?
(i.e. during the process of creating the ref design for Linux using
Xilinx Platform studio, I have to select PLB peripherals instead of OPB
peripherals. Is is correct ?)

BTW, do you have a sample ref design for ML-403 board for Xilinx
Platform studio ?

Thanks for the help.
--
Ying Ding