Large Page Support, 2.6 kernel , PPC440

Ralph Blach ralph.blach at gmail.com
Mon May 8 22:36:43 EST 2006

Morris,

A long time ago, I did this for a 405 and it involves much more than just
changing the page shift.

>From my memory, I will give you what I think you have to do.
1)you must go into tlb handling code and change it.  That is in the
header file 44x.S i beleive.
2)You have to change the pte directory sizes
3)You have to chage the linker script.
4)You have to change the size of the zero page.
5)you have to chage dcache flush routines, to cover the new page size.
You have to find where 4096/4095 is hard coded as the page size and change
it.

This  is no small job, and what you come up with will be very unsupported.
I beleive If you pin the kerel TLB you might get
the performance you need and this should be in the kernel config scripts.

Good luck,

Chip