Linux 2.4 Kernel on Xilinx Virtex4 FX100's PPC

Stephen Telfer stig at lizardlogic.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 02:57:27 EST 2006

I have been working on an FX60 part with PVR 0x20011430.  It has memory
attached to the PLB.  I have noticed some possible corruptions during
linux kernel boot that appear to follow a pattern.  If a variable is
stored immediately before a function call is made or returns, the
callee/caller when reading the value gets stale data.  Print the value
of the variable in-between and coherency returns.

Does that sound like a known problem?  I went through the errata on
solution record 20658 but nothing looked like a good fit.  So I'm
assuming at the moment it's some stupid bug of my own...

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Regards,
Stig Telfer