a problem of kernel-module version mismatch.

Arnd Bergmann arnd.bergmann at de.ibm.com
Thu Jun 8 23:36:14 EST 2006

On Thursday 08 June 2006 15:27, Ming Liu wrote:
> My embedded linux kernel version is 2.4.26. My compiler is
> "powerpc-405-linux-gnu-gcc 3.4.1". I don't know how the version mismatch
> happened. Shall I change another cross-compiler version? I will appreciate
> a lot if someone could tell me how to solve it. Thanks a lot.

The easiest way is usually to put the driver in your source tree
and compile everything together. That also makes it easier to
distribute the complete source tree to your users.

> insmod: unresolved symbol XIo_In32
> insmod: unresolved symbol XIO_Out32

that looks like part of your module is missing. Try to find where thses
functions are defined in there and why that isn't compiled.

	Arnd <><