does Gianfar Ethernet Controller Version 1.1 support MARVELL 88E1111?

郭 剑非 jianfei616 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 17:43:20 EST 2006

Hi all,
I'm debugging my board with MPC 8540 and marvell 88e1111 designed on it.
I'm sure the hardware connection is correct, and the phy's ID could be read
through terminal port. But anyway, phy can not work. I wonder if it is the
driver's problem? Since the Gianfar Ethernet Controller Version 1.1
surpport 88e1011s, but some 88e1111's registers are different from
88e1011s'. Actually I'm a new guy to Linux. Has anybody ever used 88e1111
phy in Linux envirenmemt? Please
give me some points. Thank you!
I have read the Gianfar ethernet controller driver, but it's difficult for
me to find out the sofware flow.