[RFC] arch/ppc/boot/simple/embed_boot.c : Merging all keyvals parsing code

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at tbox.biz
Wed Jan 25 22:15:10 EST 2006

Hi everybody,

the Embedded Planet boards boot loader pass a string containing key/value
pairs to the Linux loader code. That string is parsed in
arch/ppc/simple/embed_boot.c.

The current implementation duplicates the parsing code once for each supported
board. As I'm adding support for a new EP board (EP8248), I was wondering if
it would be worth merging all those parsers together. This would reduce the
source code size, but would be pointless at runtime as only one board support
code is compiled in the kernel anyway.

Should I submit a patch, or leave the code as it is ?

Laurent Pinchart