Linux kernel and u-boot debugging with Eclipse IDE

IGOR LURI iluri at fagorautomation.es
Wed Jan 25 18:44:52 EST 2006

Hi all,

We have a MPC5200Lite board running Linux 2.4.25 and u-boot 1.1.4. We are able to debug Linux kernel and U-boot using DDD/GDB and BDI2000, and we are trying to use Eclipse IDE (with CDT plugin) / BDI2000 to develop and debug software.

Eclipse works well to remote debugging aplications over ethernet,  however, we are not able to debug Linux kernel or u-boot using Eclipse. When it stops in the first breakpoint, I can´t view some variables and stepping into a function, it shows another. It  seems that Eclipse has problems with Linux kernel and u-boot symbols.

Someone uses Eclipse and BDI2000 to debug Linux kernel and u-boot?

Igor Luri
R&D Software Department
Fagor Automation S. Coop.