Question about SCC Ethernet driver

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Wed Jan 18 13:04:16 EST 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 8:28 PM, David Tao wrote:

> Present MPC8260 SCC Ethernet driver supports one 10M Ethernet port for
> SCC1 or SCC2.

Not any more.  Take a look at drivers/net/fs_enet in the 2.6 kernels.
I'm sure Pantelis will have more information when he reads this.

> 1. Is it possible to implement 7 Ethernet ports (3 FCCs and 4 SCCs) on
> a MPC8270? I didn't see any hardware restriction on this. Performance
> may be an issue?

Depends what you want to do with the data in the CPU core and the
clock speeds you have chosen.  The CPM can handle the data traffic on
the wires if you run it over 133 MHz.

Thanks.

	-- Dan