Question about SCC Ethernet driver

David Tao david_xtao at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 12:28:37 EST 2006

Hello there,

  Present MPC8260 SCC Ethernet driver supports one 10M Ethernet port for SCC1 or SCC2. And there is a patch on the net said to support one Ethernet port on any of SCC1 - SCC4. As we hope to use all the SCCs for 10M Ethernet ports, we need to change the driver. Questions:

  1. Is it possible to implement 7 Ethernet ports (3 FCCs and 4 SCCs) on a MPC8270? I didn't see any hardware restriction on this. Performance may be an issue?
  2. Is there a driver which supports multiple SCC Ethernet ports simultanously?

  Thanks for any help or information.

  Regards,
  David