Ethernet not initialized: Help req

Txema Lopez tlopez at aotek.es
Thu Jan 12 20:31:01 EST 2006

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>In message <OF08F91C71.313412E8-ON652570F4.001BB5F4-652570F4.001CF070 at tcs.com> you wrote:
>

>>BTW, is there any tool/test case available to test the ethernet driver for
>>a long period of time?
>>

>Mount the root file system over NFS, and compile the Linux kernel  on
>the target. Repeat for as long as you like.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Wolfgang Denk

We are implementing an ethernet test for the U-Boot in a MPC5200
architecture, but the test is easyly extensible to other architectures
because it's based on the U-Boot ethernet driver (I don't know how
portable is the test for the linux kernel).  To do the test you need to
build a loopback cable and connect it in the ethernet connector of your
board. I supply the cable schematic and the test.

Best regards,
Jose Maria Lopez.