Question about SPI based CAN controller for MPC8260

David Tao david_xtao at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 15:30:50 EST 2006

  Hello there,

  I am working on a MPC8270 based project which needs dual CAN bus support. Based on current situation I think SPI based standalone CAN controller MCP2515 may be a proper choice. But looking around I didn't find any Linux driver for MCP2510/MCP2515. Before going into creating the driver, I hope to get some help:

  1. Is it possible to add CAN to MPC8270 with SPI interface using the MCP2515? Is there any better solution for the job?
  2. If yes, is there any such linux driver?

  Any suggestions and helps are appreciated.

  Regards,
  David