kernel startup

atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com
Sat Feb 11 11:02:24 EST 2006

>>I'm not sure what sub-arch we are talking about, but some do have the
MMU
on.

I am using PPC 870 and u-boot 1.1.2.  Which architecture should I look
for as a reference example.  On my system, the RAM is not at address 0x0
but at
0x10000000. Since the exception table does not take full 32 bit address,
I am not sure how to tell the processor about the relocated location.

On this custom board with 870, is it necessary to have RAM at address
0x0
(or shadow it) or the 870 supports configuration for different base
addresses for memory.

Thanks,

Atul