kernel startup

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Feb 11 11:12:04 EST 2006

In message <4A062D477D842B4C8FC48EA5AF2D41F201BA2081 at us-bv-m23.global.tektronix.net> you wrote:

> I am using PPC 870 and u-boot 1.1.2.  Which architecture should I look
> for as a reference example.  On my system, the RAM is not at address 0x0 but at
> 0x10000000. Since the exception table does not take full 32 bit address,

The phrase "the RAM is at address 0x10000000" is bogus.

The RAM "is" where you map it. The mapping is done in  software.  The
software is implementing your design.

In other words, your design is broken when you put the RAM at such  a
strange adress instead of the natural location, starting from 0x0000.

> I am not sure how to tell the processor about the relocated location.

You don't; just fix your memory map.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If God had a beard, he'd be a UNIX programmer.