system ace programming xf60

Wade Maxfield wmaxfield at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 03:05:31 EST 2006

Hi,

  We are trying to generate a system ace file that will program an xf60
using Xilinx scripts,
(and even their impact GUI), using 8.1i, service pack 3 EDK.

  Unfortunately, if we choose the ml410 board from Xilinx's genace.tclscript
in their EDK/data/xmd directory, it errors with an invalid instruction
register length.
The irlength is listed as 14 in the xilinx script files.  I looked and
googled and could
not find the irlength listed for that xf60 part in any literature.

  Also, if we try to include the zImage.elf file, the script errors out.

  Conversely, if we choose an ml403 board (and switch the project to the
xf12 chip),
we can combine the zImage.elf file and generate a system.ace file that loads
on an
ml403 board.

  We can take the download.bit file that refuses to load when combined into
the system.ace,
and load it over the jtag port.  It programs the xf60 just fine.

  If we create an empty system.ace file,  the system ace chip on our board
signals everything is ok,
but of course, the xilinx chip is not programmed.  If we pull the compact
flash out of the board,
the system ace chip signals that is can't find the compact flash by flashing
the error light.

  Has anyone on this list had any experience with this that could lead us in
a right direction?  We've
tried about 10 different combinations so far with no luck.

thanks,
wade