Problems dynamically linking busybox with ppc libs.

Keith Redfern keith.redfern at uk.flextronics.com
Wed Aug 16 18:53:04 EST 2006

I am trying to dynamically link busybox with the correct libraries but

run into problems with directory paths and CC/LD flags.

I am using the toolchain supplied with ELDK and my target board is

ppc_8xx based. The busybox version that I am using is 1.1.3.

I see the following in Rules.mak and have been trying different variable

options but with no success.

# To compile vs some other alternative libc, you may need to use/adjust

# the following lines to meet your needs...

#

# If you are using Red Hat 6.x with the compatible RPMs (for developing

under

# Red Hat 5.x and glibc 2.0) uncomment the following.  Be sure to read

about

# using the compatible RPMs (compat-*) at http://www.redhat.com !

#LIBCDIR:=/usr/i386-glibc20-linux

#

# For other libraries, you are on your own.  But these may (or may not)

help...

#LDFLAGS+=-nostdlib

#LIBRARIES:=$(LIBCDIR)/lib/libc.so.6

#CROSS_CFLAGS+=-nostdinc -I$(LIBCDIR)/include -I$(GCCINCDIR)

-funsigned-char

#GCCINCDIR:=$(shell gcc -print-search-dirs | sed -ne "s/install:

\(.*\)/\1include/gp")

#

# For other libraries, you are on your own.  But these may (or may not)

help...

Is this the correct place to make modifications?

Has anyone already figured the changes required to get this to work with

ELDK toolchain?

Any insight would be useful.

......Keith

Legal Disclaimer:

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message