PPC Linux support for Tundra TSI148

Martin, Tim tim.martin at viasat.com
Thu Apr 27 02:24:20 EST 2006

Gerhard,

Thanks for the information.  More questions...

What type of transfers were you doing? (e.g. A32/D64? SST320 or SST267?)

Are these transfer from userspace data, from kernelspace data, or from
the Tundra's pattern buffer?

What was your PCI bus speed & width?

Were you using inbound/outbound windows or Tundra's DMA controller?

What was the Tundra chipset configuration for the 168 MBps?

Thanks,
Tim

Behalf
> Of Gerhard Jaeger
> Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 12:26 AM
> To: linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
> Subject: Re: PPC Linux support for Tundra TSI148
>
> On Wednesday 26 April 2006 01:47, Martin, Tim wrote:
> > Does anyone out there have any real world measured performance of a
> > Linux PowerPC (kernel module + user space application) doing 2eSST
VME
> > transfers with the Tundra TSI148 chipset?
> >
> > Tundra has a Linux driver available for the Motorola MVME6100 , but
told
> > me they don't have any performance data available.  I'm looking for
> > sustained throughput rates, not the peak burst rates (e.g. 320 MBps,
267
> > MBps).
> >

> Hi,
>
> I've done here some tests between two MVME6100, while updating the
6100
> BSP
> for our embedded Linux distro. Depending on the buffersize, alignment,
VME