about ppc <asm/string.h>

Becky Bruce Becky.Bruce at freescale.com
Tue Apr 18 04:52:43 EST 2006

Hi!

There's no string.h in include/asm-ppc because this is one of the
header files that has been merged between 32 and 64-bit powerpc.  It
now lives in include/asm-powerpc with all the other merged headers.
Only headers specific to 32-bit ppc have been left in include/asm-
ppc.  For a kernel build with ARCH=ppc, the build uses headers from
both include/asm-ppc and include/asm-powerpc.  This is accomplished
through the use of a temporary include directory that is created in
the arch dir.  Check out arch/ppc/Makefile for details.

Cheers,
-Becky