Watchdog on MPC82xx

Bastos Fernandez Alexandre ALEBAS at televes.com
Mon Apr 17 18:31:12 EST 2006

Mike,

I tested several times last week but it didn't work for me.
I had made the changes in U-boot as you say, but it keeped
reseting at the time. In fact, in the log_buf I can see
several printk's after setup_arch (where ppc_md.heartbeat)
is assigned, but the watchdog counter is not reloaded.

Which could be the difference? I am using ramdisk,
and a MPC8248 clocked at 100MHz, but I don't think
this will be the reason.

Now, someone has proposed me to try reloading WDT in
printk calls. I will test.

Best regards,

Alex