Xilinx Virtex-2 PRO FPGA ppc 405 on ML310 board

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Apr 13 04:42:06 EST 2006

On 4/12/06, Vincent Winstead <vwinstead at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the info!  Now I installed rsync onto this computer with
> configure, then make, then make install and everything seemed to install
> correctly.  Then i typed in:
>
>  rsync rsync://source.mvista.com/linuxppc-2.4
>
>  but it ended up showing a timed-out error message:
>
>  rsync: failed to connect to source.mvista.com: Connection timed out (110)
>  rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(107) [receiver]
>
>  Now, I've had problems in the past in that I can't access any ftp servers
> due to the fact that I am behind a firewall that I have no control over (on
> the University of Minnesota campus) and I was wondering - do you think this
> might be related to that same problem?

You poor sod.  Yes, this is probably the same problem.  You can access
it via http instead.  (the git trees on kernel.org can be accessed
with rsync, http and git protocols.)

BTW, you need to download and install git also (and cogito for a nicer
front end).

http://git.or.cz/

Then you can do a "cg clone <depot>" to get the tree

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc. P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.