help. a question on "make menuconfig"

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 02:02:54 EST 2006

Hi,
I am a novice for embendded linux. My platform is Xilinx Virtex4 (PPC405).
I have downloaded the kernal source of linuxppc_2_4_devel and modified the
Makefile as:
ARCH := ppc
CROSS_COMPILE = powerpc-405-linux-gnu-

But when I execute "make menuconfig", the following error happens,

mingliu at linux:~/linuxppc_2_4_devel> make menuconfig
make: *** arch/ppc: Is a directory.  Stop.
mingliu at linux:~/linuxppc_2_4_devel>

Why this error happened? Is there something wrong with the Makefile? I did
nothing except for specifying the ARCH and the CROSS_COMPILE.

Thanks for your help.

                                                              BR
                                                                 Ming