mpc5200 and pcmcia

Andrew Dennison andrewd.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:26:21 EST 2005

On 9/28/05, Derycke, Johan <johan.derycke at barco.com> wrote:

> I am working on a custom board based on the Lite5200.
> It is expanded with a PCI1410 PC Card Controller on the PCI bus.
>
> In the history of this list I found a patch against an older kernel version
> to solve some issues:
> http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2004-December/016273.html
>
> I took the old 2.4.23 kernel and applied the patch.
> I could get my 3c589 network adaptor to work.

Nice to get some feedback, Your the second person that has used it.

> Is this patch available for the current 2.4.25 kernel?

It will work conceptually with 2.4.25 as I'm currently running a
relatively recent denx kernel with similar changes. I haven't
published a recent patch yet as there wasn't much feedback last
time...

I've recently done some more work on this to clean it up, for example
USB didn't work with that previous patch but they now coesist happily.

I'll look at posting a patch soon when it's merged into my shiny new GIT tree.

Andrew