Source of xparameter_ml300.h

Peter Ryser peter.ryser at xilinx.com
Wed Sep 28 19:57:18 EST 2005

Please have a look at XAPP765
(http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp765.pdf) and the EDK
documentation to see how this works. The latest MLD to create a BSP for
a linuxppc-2.4 kernel is linuxppc_mvl31_v1_01_a. linuxppc_mvl31_v1_00_a
works too but everything else is not up-to-date.

The documentation and tutorials for the ML310 board are also an
excellent source of information how to get a Linux kernel up and running
on Virtex-II Pro (see http://www.xilinx.com/ml310).

The reference design for the ML403 is yet another source of information
(http://www.xilinx.com/ml403). Have a look at the reference design users
guide.

Using the MLD (tcl script) is much less error-prone than any other
method that involves changing the files by hand. It's a little bit of a
learning curve but once mastered it just works.

- Peter