GT64260_eth (Ethernet) Driver

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Wed Sep 21 04:32:57 EST 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 01:13:48PM -0400, Brian Waite wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 September 2005 12:02 pm, Earl Olsen wrote:
> platform using the 64260 chip, besides the eval board, was the cpci690.c. I
> would look and see ifthis is still a working platform and base your platform
> code off of that.

The cpci690 is a working platform but it does not use the embedded enet
ctlr because there is no driver.

> > Dieu,
> >
> > You should sync up with Brian Waite (look at CC: list) who has been
> > looking at writing a new enet driver for the 2.6 kernel using the latest
> > bridge support code.  You can get a look at the latest support code by
> > cloning bk://source.mvista.com/linux-2.5-marvell.
> No. Only use mainline kernel.org for latest support. Nothing else is working
> 100%. In the kernel.org tree the MPSC driver is working along with the 360
> ethernet device.

This is from a very, very old email that is no longer accurate.  It
should be ignored.  This is no tree except the mainline/mm tree and there
is not gt64260 enet driver in the mainline/mm tree (that I know of).

> > Note the the mpsc
> > driver that's there still isn't working correctly.
> I haven't loked at the 64260 for well over a year since we went to the 64360.
> The 260 was just too bad in too many respects. I was willing to test the 260
> code with my old hardware if there was a merged driver and even develop the
> merged driver, but it became obvious the merged driver was going to be ugly

Ditto.

Mark