Which way to store log in flash on mpc8xx?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 20 05:29:15 EST 2005

In message <c3d0340b050919114040d0a0fe at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> What's the trouble caused by log files when using a JFFS2? I'm not
> aware of that. Any pointers to where I should look into are much
> appreciated.

Please see the linux-mtd web site and/or MTD  mailing  list  archives
for  details.  JFFS2 works excellent with files that are written once
(or with only a few write() calls. Logfiles typically  grow  forever,
by  many,  many  small  chunks  of  data  appended  in  many  write()
operations - this is kind of killer application for JFFS2.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I find this a nice feature but it is not according to  the  documen-
tation. Or is it a BUG?"   "Let's call it an accidental feature. :-)"
                       - Larry Wall in <6909 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>