PCI on MPC827x

Vitaly Bordug vbordug at ru.mvista.com
Wed Sep 7 00:04:00 EST 2005

Alex Zeffertt wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:45:15 +0400
> Vitaly Bordug <vbordug at ru.mvista.com> wrote:
>

>>Alex Zeffertt wrote:
>>
>>>Hi list,
>>>
>>>Does the linuxppc kernel support PCI on PowerQUICC II chips?  If so, in which patch/release was
>>>it added?
>>>

>>The PCI bridge for 8272ADS has been added in 2.6.12-rc6. This stuff
>>should work on PQ2FADS as well.
>

> Thanks Vitaly.  Unfortunately we're using linux-2.4.25.
>
> Has anybody backported the PCI bridge to 2.4?  If not, do you think it's a lot of work?
>
> Alex

I've done it already. The source was in the latest linux-2.4, at the end
of the bitkeeper times (I guess rsync copy from source.mvista.com is
still available - refer to http://penguinppc.org/kernel/ for details).

This is one of the latest versions - AFAIR there were one issue on
PQ2FADS that's not fixed here. Also, you may search list archives  - the
patch should be there as well.

--
Sincerely,
Vitaly