Question about ELDK and i18n...

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Thu Sep 1 18:09:23 EST 2005

Hi,

I am using ELDK-3.1, and I am not getting i18n to work. I have looked at
recent changelog of ELDK and newer (CVS) versions don't seem to fix any bug
in that direction.
The installation seems ok, the locale-files are all there as it seems.
I have tried this as a test:

# LANG=es_ES strace tar

in the output, I can see these relevant lines:

open("/usr/lib/locale/locale-archive", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No
such file or directory)

- This does not matter.

open("/usr/share/locale/locale.alias", O_RDONLY) = 3

- OK, good. locale.alias is read

open("/usr/lib/locale/es_ES/LC_IDENTIFICATION", O_RDONLY) = 3

- Also looks fine, read the locales identification.

open("/usr/lib/locale/es/LC_IDENTIFICATION", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such
file or directory)

- Here I am puzzled. Why? Maybe this is not important.

Then there are no more calls to open or stat with files in "/usr/lib/locale"
nor "/usr/share/locale" as argument, and I can't figure out why. What am I
doing wrong? Is this version of glibc in ELDK broken?

Best regards,

--
David Jander