CPM2 early console

Kalle Pokki kalle.pokki at iki.fi
Tue Oct 4 18:13:10 EST 2005

I found it. It's in the MPC8272 family errata. When setting pipeline
depth to one everything works. Can you Alex confirm this works also for
you? This errata should probably be included in the Linux kernel, since
it really depends on it. Right now I set this from the boot loader, but
perhaps head.S in the kernel would be the just as good.

Part I System Interface Unit (SIU) Errata
SIU18: ARTRY assertion when using pipeline depth of 0.
Devices:
MPC8272, MPC8271, MPC8248, MPC8247
Internal (60x) slave maintains a pipeline depth of zero by asserting
AACK only after TA. When ARTRY is
asserted, the 60x bus access is terminated and TA is not asserted. The
internal (60x) slave does not assert
AACK, since TA was not asserted.
Workaround:
Use a pipeline depth of one (BCR[PLDP]=0) for applications that require
memory coherency.
Fix Plan:
No fix plan at this time.