Status of isp116x driver... (on mpc8xx)?

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Thu May 12 22:55:15 EST 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 15:28, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>[...]
> > Is the isp1160 chip really supported by the driver? tested?
>
> We only use (and tested) this driver with a ISP1361 ...

Ok. The sources of your driver and the one from Roman Weissgaerber look very
different, so I can't really tell: did you start from scratch and picked some
things from RW's driver, or did you modify (beyond recognition) and extend
his driver?
I ask, because now I have RW's driver (version 0.9.6) working almost 100%
alright. The issues we still have are most probably related to bus-timing
problems (the ISP1160 is connected via a CPLD on an 8-bit wide bus controlled
by UPMA!) and occur sporadically. Your driver OTOH still doesn't manage to
receive Atl packets that are not entirely filled with zeroes ;-)

> > Is someone using a isp116x on a mpc8xx and can tell his experience on
> > getting it working?
>
> Sorry, we don't have any experience with a 1160. The  driver  in  our
> tree  works fine with the 1362, both as host driver and as device (as
> a gadget driver).

I'll work on the problem, and if I get your driver working, I'll send a patch
that hopefully fixes 116x support again ;-)

Greetings,

--
David Jander
Protonic Holland.