Status of isp116x driver... (on mpc8xx)?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 11 23:28:05 EST 2005

Dear David,

in message <200505111240.35425.david.jander at protonic.nl> you wrote:

> I connected a Philips ISP1160 usb host controller to a MPC852T-based custom
> board. I am using CVS kernel from DENX.
> I added some stuff to hcd-1161.h and hcd-1161.c to support our hardware, and
> it seems to work at first.
> Is the isp1160 chip really supported by the driver? tested?

We only use (and tested) this driver with a ISP1361 ...

> Is someone using a isp116x on a mpc8xx and can tell his experience on getting
> it working?

Sorry, we don't have any experience with a 1160. The  driver  in  our
tree  works fine with the 1362, both as host driver and as device (as
a gadget driver).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No man knows what true happiness is until he gets married.  By  then,
of course, its too late.