U-Boot hangs in relocate_code after sw reboot

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Sat Mar 5 03:11:43 EST 2005

Jaka Močnik wrote:
> hello!
>
> I don't really know if this mailing list is the proper place to direct
> questions regarding U-Boot, but I've seen some preceding posts about it,
> so I thought I'd ask...
>
> I've ported U-Boot over to a custom MPC8560 (PQ3) based board - it works
> well, except that after a sw reboot (from linux kernel or u-boot
> itself), it only gets to the part where it relocates itself to RAM and
> then hangs - the last debug output is
>
> Relocating code to 07fd4000...
>
> and the famous
>
> Now running in RAM - U-Boot at: 07fd4000 never shows up.
>
> has anyone experienced similar problems? any hints on what to look at?
>
> regards,
> 	jaKa

Yes, this is the wrong list, you should use the u-boot list (see
SourceForge u-boot page).
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/u-boot/

Your question is a FAQ.  Please read the DULG:
   http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Manual
especially the FAQ:
   http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation

gvb