Problem allocating large meory using m8260_cpm_hostalloc

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Jul 29 04:06:04 EST 2005

On Jul 28, 2005, at 12:50 PM, Prashant Alange wrote:

> Could anyone tell what I am missing here?

You are not supposed to be using this function for such memory
allocations.

> How can I allocate large memory in my driver using this hostalloc
> function?

You don't.  If you look at the existing drivers and comments, you'll
see it's
intended to only allocate small objects that are too inefficient to
manage
with the usual Linux DMA allocation functions.  You must use the
standard
Linux DMA for large allocations.  Read Documentation/DMA-API.txt, and
in particular the non-PCI functions.

Thanks.

	-- Dan