Problem allocating large meory using m8260_cpm_hostalloc

Prashant Alange prashant.alange at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 02:50:04 EST 2005

Hi everyone,
I am having problem in allocating large memory using
m8260_cpm_hostalloc function in my driver. (Approx 256 Kbytes). I
tried increaing the NUM_CPM_HOST_PAGES macro in cpm_8260.h file to 64
but still it fails for 200K of memory request. This macro is used by
alloc_bootmem_pages() function. I have read that we should use this
function if we intend to have consecutive memory pages allocated.

Could anyone tell what I am missing here?
How can I allocate large memory in my driver using this hostalloc function?

Thanks for your time.

Prashant