Kernel booting issues on a MPC8270 board

annamaya annamaya at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 02:11:31 EST 2005

As someone who has worked on the 8xx processors
before, I went looking for the DER for the 8270 but
was unable to find such a register. If someone can
point me to such a register on the 8270, I would
really appreciate it.

It looks like single-stepping doesn't work till later
in the Kernel. Anyways, I found out after much
debugging that it wasn't the first instruction that
the break was occuring but the code made it all the
way to the "cacheable_memzero" routine and fails in
the "dcbz" instruction. The cpu gets reset as soon as
I try to single-step this instruction. Any ideas as to
why this is happening?