Kernel 2.6.x to MPC8540/Microsys Board

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Sat Jan 15 02:33:35 EST 2005

Yes: www.microsys.de miriac Module: PM854 (and some others)

> Be aware there are some infrastrucal changes I'm working on that moves
> the 85xx sub-arch support from using OCP to platform_device.  However,
> these have minor changes on the board files.

I've read your last mails in this list... therefore I am asking. :-)
I just don't want to re-invent the wheel twice. In the pm854 specific
things there are also some OCP updates. (Well, I am still reading lots
of code... newland for me)
I try to contact the developer Josef Wagner at Microsys who was working
on the 2.4.26-sth.

> I would take a look at how 2.6 is structured for 85xx.  I tried to do a
> better job and provide more common code for a board port to leverage.
> So for something like PCI, you should hopefully just have to setup your
> memory map and IRQ routing.

I am comparing 2.4.26-sth with 2.6.10 now. The changes are manageable as
far as I got it. Where can I get the current work from you?!

Greets,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH