TZ variable setting for denx 2.4.20

Marius Groeger mgroeger at sysgo.com
Fri Jan 7 00:56:20 EST 2005

Robin,

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Robin wrote:

> I have tried with the standard linux date too. That too doesnt seem
> to consider timezone variable that has been set. Can you give me a
> way for setting timezone for southern hemisphere countries?? The
> busybox code uses strftime function. But that does not seem to
> consider TZ variable...

You should read up on how glibc handles all that timezone stuff:

   sh# info libc "TZ Variable"

Most notably, make sure you /etc/localtime is set up correctly. There
is also a tool (script) called tzselect which may be helpful for you.

Note I'm not exactly an expert on this, I'm just giving pointers...

Regards,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger at sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software