x86 gdb with ppc8xx gdbserver

Robin Mathew robbinmathew at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 02:14:27 EST 2005

Hi,
We are trying to setup gdbserver and gdb for target debugging. We were able
to connect and debug with eldk's ppc8xx/gdb and ppc8xx gdbserver without any
issues.

But I am not able to compile gdb in x86 for ppc8xx target. Can you please
point to some source tree of gdb that can be compiled for x86 platform for
ppc8xx target? I tried with gdb version 6.4 but it does not take
--target=ppc8xx option. I think the option that I am using to compile for
target is not right.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robin