eldk bug?how to fix

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Dec 31 08:13:52 EST 2005

In message <43B459C5.1060206 at chello.nl> you wrote:

> I've seen these messages before. They were gone when I compiled using
> ppc_8xx-gcc compiler of a different ELDK version.
> What version of ELDK are you using? Which gcc version?

This has nothing to do with ELDK versions,  or  any  other  toolchain
issues.

> >[root at localhost atmlz]# ppc_6xx-gcc -c -o temp atm_aalx.c
> >atm_aalx.c: In function `main':
> >atm_aalx.c:201: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
> >/tmp/cciJlehe.s: Assembler messages:
> >/tmp/cciJlehe.s:916: Error: unsupported relocation against r3
> >         mfmsr r3
> >         ori r3,r3,0x8000
> >         andi. r3,r3,0xffbf
> >         mtmsr r3

It's a user only problem (using symbolic names like  "r3"  in  inline
assember  statements  without  incuding  the  proper  header files to
resolve thise names).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
We fight only when there is no other choice. We prefer  the  ways  of
peaceful contact.
	-- Kirk, "Spectre of the Gun", stardate 4385.3