pci_enable_device fails on MPC8541

Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) bgholikh at cisco.com
Tue Aug 9 04:12:24 EST 2005

Hi All,
I am using two evaluation board from freescale, 8540ADS and MPC8541. The
same PCI driver is being compiled and loaded on both platforms. The same
PCI driver (developed by me) for DSP board compiled and loaded on both
platforms.

When I type: "insmod C6415.ko" on 8541 board, I get the following error:
"PCI: Device 0000:02:01.0 not available because of resource collisions"
This messages is because of the execution of the generic PCI Linux
command:
"pci_enable_device(pdev)"
The same API has no problem on 8540ADS.

>From UBOOT I can see my device is on bus 3:
=> pci 3
Scanning PCI devices on bus 3
BusDev FUN    VendorID    DeviceID    Device Class    Sub-Class
03.01.00            0x104c    0xa106        .........

Any idea why the insmod fails on one board and not on the other one?

Many thanks in advance,
Bizhan