Reducing glibc with mklibs.sh

Orlov, Leonid lzorlov at DIRECTV.com
Tue Aug 9 02:44:19 EST 2005

Hi,
Does anyone has an example of successful use of either libopt or
mklib.sh in redhat environmet?
I am having hard time to make it work.
I created a myLib library with 3 1 statement function and a main that
use only 2 of the myLib functions.
I am trying to have either tool to detect that only 2 out of 3 functions
are used and reduce myLib correspondingly. So far I have hard time to
have it work.
BTW does mklib dependent on Debian environment. I am using redhat
I am also wondering if Lineo released LIPO for public use.
I called them trying to get a commercial version, they excluded LIPO
from their offerings.
Thanks for your help.
Leonid Orlov