ml300 system init very slow

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Mar 3 00:22:24 EST 2004

Just in case nobody answered yet (I didn't see an answer), the problem 99.9999% certainty is that your serial interrupts are not interrupting so the kernel is polling for serial I/O.  This is a fallback operation with REALLY LONG timeouts.  The symptoms are REALLY SLOW console interaction == your symptoms.  Your follow-up message indicates the problem is in your serial driver module.

gvb