DS1340 RTC (i2c device)

Sylvain Munaut tnt at 246tNt.com
Mon Jul 19 16:58:11 EST 2004

Hi

I'm also planning on using this chip as RTC. The solution I've come up
with currently is to use the RTC that is on the chip (but it doesn't
keep correct time between boots), but leave it uninitialized (  1 Jan
1970 ), then in userspace, read the external RTC and set the correct
time during boot.

Sylvain Munaut