BDI kernel debug

Marco Schramel Schramel.Linux at go.bartec.de
Wed Jul 7 15:01:16 EST 2004

Hello,

> > Are there some options in the kernel or in the gdb to set ?
>
> Did you enable CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL in your kernel configuration?

Yes it is enabled, furthermore the "Include BDI-2000 user context switcher" is set and compiler options "Additional compile arguments: "-g -ggdb -fno-schedule-insns -fno-schedule-insns2" are set

> Did you read the FAQ section of the DULG, especially
> http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/HowToDebugLinuxExceptions
> and
> http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/HowToSingleStepThroughRFIInstruction

In my case i try to step through m8260_setup_arch() function to debug m8260_find_bridges() for pci support. Is there the MMU already on ?
I think it is.

When the bdi runs through the code the most time it comes to the __delay() function. Then i try  "step" or "next" and it often hangs forever.

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
Thank you for your reply.

Best regards,